Roadway Safety Committee
This committee shall study, consider, and evaluate all matters pertaining to policies, practices, standards, and rates of state and municipal policy organizations relating to traffic crash investigation, traffic records, traffic patrol, traffic law enforcement, organization and administration, and other roadway safety functions that may be responsibilities of the membership of the Association; report to this Association for dissemination to its members and interested agencies information and recommendations for the improvement of police traffic management and the promotion of roadway safety; make recommendations to the Traffic Institute of Northwestern University relating to its traffic police training programs; and make recommendations to the Association and other interested organizations and agencies of needed research projects essential to optimum roadway safety programs by police agencies.
Submit a nomination to join the Roadway Safety Committee. For more information, contact the IACP Member Engagement Team.
*As of August 2022, the Highway Safety Committee is now known as the Roadway Safety Committee.
Programs and Subcommittees
- Enforcement Technologies Advisory Technical Subcommittee (ETATS)
- Highway Safety Awards
- Traffic Incident Managements Subcommittee (TIMS)
- Traffic Officer Safety Subcommittee
- Technical Advisory Panel (TAP)
- Impaired Driving Guidebook: Three Keys to Renewed Focus and Success
- Summary of IACP Traffic Safety Strategies for Law Enforcement
- Complete Report: Traffic Safety Strategies for Law Enforcement
- Highway Safety Initiatives
- Lessons Learned: Collecting Data in Officer Traffic Stops
- Ohio’s Statewide Effort to End Profiling
- Tips for Conducting Professional Traffic Stops
- Law Enforcement Policy Recommendation to Reduce Distracted Driving
- Video: It Today Your Day
- Video: PURSUE
- Video: Saving Lives One Stop at a Time
- Video: Your Vest Wont Stop This Bullet