The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) created the Safe, Quick Clearance of Traffic Incidents toolkit to provide law enforcement executives with information that demonstrates the importance of adopting practices that facilitate the safe, quick clearance of traffic incidents in order to increase responder and public safety; reduce traffic congestion and the risk of secondary crashes; and the overall quality of life in communities.
This toolkit includes:
- A white paper that highlights effective strategies that law enforcement agencies can utilize to improve their response to traffic incidents;
- How to get legislative buy-in
- Laws that promote safe, quick clearance
- Execution, Evaluation, and Education
- Talking points for law enforcement leadership, government officials, and roll call trainings;
- Infographic and poster for frontline officers including officer safety considerations;
- Press releases for general and specific incident use; and
- A comprehensive list of resources to assist agencies with implementing practices that ensure safe, quick clearance of traffic incidents.
To pre-order a copy of the Safe, Quick Clearance of Traffic Incidents toolkit, please click here and complete the requested information.
For other inquiries regarding traffic safety initiatives, please contact the IACP's Traffic Safety Initiatives team at email@example.com.