ELERV - Training
The value of victim response training for sworn and professional staff cannot be overstated. Research and best practices for serving victims are constantly evolving. Training that reflects current information is critical. Prioritizing cross-training (both internal and external) is encouraged.
Trained personnel working with victims should be able to:
- Demonstrate concern and empathy for victims.
- Properly identify basic victim needs.
- Apply the agency’s victim response policy to their role and duties.
- Understand basic victim rights.
- Identify resources for victims and make appropriate referrals.
This single-page document highlights important information from this section of the ELERV Strategy. The quick read format makes it perfect for roll-call training and meetings alike.
Download the ELERV Training Overview in English, Arabic, French, Portuguese, and Spanish.