State & Provincial Police
Founded in 1938, the IACP’s Division of State & Provincial Police (S&P) has the responsibility of organizing, directing, coordinating, and promoting IACP programs relating to the needs of state and provincial police agencies. The division is a membership organization comprised of the 49 state law enforcement agencies and three provincial police agencies; the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), Ontario Provincial Police, and Sureté du Québec.
The mission of the S&P Division is “To advance leadership and excellence in the delivery of quality public safety services through education, collaboration and information sharing while adhering to the highest professional ethical standards.” It is the division’s goal to address key policy issues, facilitate information sharing among S&P agencies to foster collaboration and cross-jurisdictional problem solving.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Division elects its own Executive Committee biannually whose responsibility is to oversee the activities and programs of the division. The S&P Executive Committee is comprised of the general officers (General Chair, First and Second Vice-Chairs, and Secretary/Treasurer), any active Past General Chair, two appointed members, four Regional Chairs, a Legal Advisor, the Chair of the Retired Officers Section, and an Advisor-At-Large.
- Crash Awareness and Reduction Effort Section (CARE)
- State and Provincial Police Planning Officers (SPPPOS)
- State and Provincial Police Academy Directors (SPPADS)
- State and Provincial Police Alumni Section - Open to any member or previous member of the IACP who is, or was, affiliated with an agency belonging to the State and Provincial Police Division and who was of command (lieutenant or above) rank at the time of retirement.
S&P Division Meetings
S&P Division members convene in-person three times a year:
- S&P Annual Meeting at the IACP Annual Conference
- Division Midyear
- Regional Meetings
Objectives of these meetings include:
- Promote and increase public safety.
- Provide for the transparent movement of technology related information between member agencies.
- Increase public trust by advancing the professionalism of member agencies.
- Assist member agencies with the recruitment, development, and retention of a quality diverse workforce.
- Have all eligible agencies recognize the value of being an active member of the State and Provincial Police Division of the IACP.
2023 S&P Annual Meeting
2024 Division Midyear
March 13 - 15, 2024 | San Antonio, TX
The Division of State and Provincial Police, Division of State Associations of Chiefs of Police, and Midsize Agencies Division will hold their joint midyear meeting in San Antonio, TX in 2024. This meeting provides an opportunity to discuss critical issues facing the law enforcement community, identify best practices, and enhance relationships with your colleagues.
More information to come.
Mountain Pacific Region
North Atlantic Region
Alaska Arizona California Colorado Idaho Montana Nevada New Mexico North Dakota Oregon RCMP Pacific Region South Dakota Utah Washington Wyoming
Connecticut Delaware Maine Maryland Massachusetts New Hampshire New Jersey New York Pennsylvania Quebec RCMP Atlantic Region Rhode Island Vermont Virginia West Virginia
North Central Region
Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Michigan Minnesota Missouri Nebraska Ohio Ontario RCMP Central Region Wisconsin
Alabama Arkansas Florida Georgia Kentucky Louisiana Mississippi North Carolina Oklahoma South Carolina Tennessee Texas Puerto Rico
For sponsorship information, please email Nicole Buraglio at buraglio@theIACP.org.