Police Chaplain Section
The Police Chaplain Section promotes an understanding of police chaplain services, and the value chaplains provide to agencies and communities.
The Police Chaplain Section (PCS) shall be organized and operated in accordance with the IACP Constitution, rules, and objectives. The purpose of this section shall be to provide the law enforcement profession and, more specifically, law enforcement executives, with information, training, and a forum for discussion on police chaplain-specific topics to include, but not limited to:
- The establishment of effective police chaplain programs
- The operation and maintenance of effective police chaplain programs
- Resources and information related to support programs to include but not limited to counseling, peer-support, and family support
The section shall actively promote, through education and training, an increased understanding of police chaplain services and the value chaplains provide to agencies and communities. The section shall assist the IACP and its membership in coordinating efforts to implement mutual objectives of:
- improving community engagement and public safety through police chaplain programs, and;
- increasing the knowledge and understanding of the value, benefits, and importance of police chaplain programs, and;
- providing a forum for police chaplains to share information, challenges, and collaborative solutions.
For more information on the Police Chaplain Section please contact participate@theIACP.org.
- Network with police chaplains from around the world, as well as exclusive content produced by the section for police chaplains
- Education and resources to enhance a variety of skills and build and maintain successful chaplaincy programs
- Access to the Police Chaplain online community where fellow section members share best practices and resources, engage in collective problem solving, and network
Ready to Join?