Youth De-Escalation and Conflict Resolution for School Safety Officers Webinar
This webinar is a crisis intervention tool to help the adult learner improve their fundamental skills and techniques for interacting with youth in schools, particularly youth de-escalation and conflict resolution. Helping students learn to resolve conflicts appropriately provides them with leadership tools to build positive relationships between themselves, other students, and school staff. This webinar will also offer some practical intervention strategies to help build credibility when engaging students who are struggling emotionally, to increase the chances of a positive outcome.
The learning objectives are to:
- Define conflict resolution
- Describe the differences between positive and negative conflict
- Explain the causes of conflict
- Define nonverbal communication
- Illustrate several conflict resolution strategies
- Explain how to engage youth in crisis
- Review the do's and don'ts for school safety personnel
- List some barriers to defusing conflict
Click here to view.