The Engaging Youth in Schools: Tips for Law Enforcement webinar will provide tips and helpful recommendations for law enforcement agencies to engage and build trust among youth in schools by focusing discussion around the principles 21st century policing.
These principles include:
1. Building Trust & Legitimacy
2. Policy & Oversight
3. Technology & Social Media
4. Community Policing & Crime Reduction
5. Training & Education
6. Officer Wellness & Safety
This webinar is supported by the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (NCJFCJ) School-Justice Partnership Program and the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.
Learning Objectives for Participants:
- Discuss why law enforcement needs to engage youth in schools.
- Understand the importance of top down leadership in youth engagement.
- Define youth engagement and how it can be incorporated into their law enforcement agency.
- Discuss how the principles of 21st century policing relate to effective interactions with youth in schools.
- Identify resources to engage youth in schools.
The information presented during the webinar will impact law enforcement's response to and support of youth in their schools. Additionally, this webinar will encourage agency's to review practices and programs to consider developing comprehensive youth engagement in school strategies.
Click here to view.