Maine Opioid Resources
Laws and Policies:
- Public Law Chapter 378 (LE 1537): An Act to Combat Drug Addiction through Enforcement, Prevention, Treatment and Recovery
- Public Law Chapter 351 (LD140): An Act to Expand Access to Lifesaving Opioid Overdose Medication
- Public Law Chapter 508 (LD1547): An Act to Facilitate Access to Naloxone Hydrochloride
- Public Law Chapter 507 (LD 1552): An Act to Reduce Morbidity and Mortality Related to Injected Drugs
- Public Law Chapter 488 (LD 1646): An Act to Prevent Opiate Abuse by Strengthening the Controlled Substances Prescription Monitoring Program
- New Law to Curb Opioid Abuse and Diversion Passed in Maine, Strengthens Prescription Drug Monitoring Program: This article reports on the passage of PL 2015, c.488, “An Act to Prevent Opiate Abuse by Strengthening the Controlled Substances Prescription Monitoring Program,” in Maine in April 2016. The bill, which was signed into law, limits the number of opioids physicians, nurses, podiatrists, dentists, and veterinarians can prescribe to an individual.