Children Exposed to Violence Classroom Training
The IACP and Yale, in partnership with OJJDP, developed a classroom course to prepare frontline law enforcement officers to identify and respond effectively to children exposed to violence using both developmentally-appropriate and trauma-informed approaches. Participants learn principles and strategies for on-scene/acute responses; death notification to children; and responding to the needs of children at scenes of domestic violence. Topics include:
- Differentiating between violence and trauma
- Impact of trauma on children
- Enhancing professional effectiveness
- Developmentally-appropriate responses
- Trauma-informed protocols
- Collaborating effectively with multi-disciplinary partners.
This two-day in-person training may be available as fee for service.
In 2019 the IACP and Yale, in partnership with OJJDP plans to launch a free online training based on the popular classroom series for law enforcement.
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org