Thank you for your interest in the IACP’s Internship Program.
Are you interested in supporting the world's law enforcement leaders? If so, the IACP's Student Internship Program hires a select number of undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in supporting IACP’s vision of Shaping the Future of the Policing Profession.
Selected interns will support the IACP through advocacy, programs, research, and training, while simultaneously gaining professional work experience and first-hand involvement with products and services that support the law enforcement community. The Internship Program has continuously focused on exposing students to all aspects of law enforcement and criminal justice issues. The program is made up of three 10 - 12 week semesters over the Spring, Summer and Fall.
Interns also have the opportunity to take an educational field trip to a local agency; interact with local police officers and federal law enforcement agents; and participate in professional development opportunities, conferences, and meetings as they arise.
Our mission to advance the law enforcement profession frequently requires tasks outside of the criminal justice realm; students with a background in social media, business administration, hospitality management, leadership training, journalism, marketing and communications are encouraged to apply.
|Semester||Program Dates||Application Deadline|
|Fall 2022||August 22 - November 11||July 1, 2022|
|Spring 2023||January 23 - April 14||November 18, 2022|
|Summer 2023||May 15 - August 4||March 17, 2023|
- Internship Program terms are 10 - 12 weeks in length
- Paid internship at $14.00/hour
- Flexible work schedules up to 40 hours per week (based on programmatic needs and direct supervisor approval)
- Internship can be completed for academic credit
- Parking and transit benefits are provided
- Housing and other related benefits are not provided
- IACP Headquarters is located at 44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 200, Alexandria, Virginia 22314
- A free shuttle bus serves Canal Center Plaza and the Braddock Road Metro Station on the Blue/Yellow line
Qualifications & Eligibility
• Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate level students, or recent graduates within the past six months
• Minimum 3.0 grade point average
• Strong writing and interpersonal skills
• Creative thinking and ability to communicate ideas and opinions
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to work independently and part of a team
• Flexibility and ability to multi-task
Additional Requirements for International Students:
• Enrolled at an accredited university in the United States
• Possess F-1 visa showing Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is authorized
• Application must be submitted in English
Submit the following five application documents via the below link to be considered for future opportunities.
- Cover Letter (indicate the semester you are applying for)
- Academic Transcript (can be unofficial)
- Writing Sample
- Letter of Recommendation
(All documents combined into a single PDF is preferred)
Available Internship Positions
The IACP is not currently hiring interns. Applications for Fall 2023 interns will be available in the coming months. To see a more detailed position description and apply for all available internship positions, please click here.