The One Mind Campaign seeks to ensure successful interactions between police officers and persons affected by mental illness. The initiative focuses on united local communities, public safety organizations, and mental health organizations so that the three become "of one mind." To join the campaign, law enforcement agencies must pledge to implement four promising practices over a 12-36 month time frame.
These practices include: establishing a clearly defined and sustainable partnership with a community mental health organization, developing a model policy to implement police response to persons affected by mental illness, training and certifying sworn officers and selected non-sworn staff in mental health first aid training or other equivalent mental health awareness course, and providing crisis intervention team training.
What's New with the One Mind Campaign?
Congratulations to the following agencies for recently completing the pledge!
- Kansas City Police Department, KS
- Arlington Police Department, MA
- New York State University Police Cortland, NY
- Northwestern University Police Department, IL
- Tomahawk Police Department, WI --- The Tomahawk Police Department is the 1st agency in Wisconsin to complete the pledge!
If your agency has recently completed the pledge, please email us at email@example.com.