The IACP is proud to once again partner with Target to recognize exemplary performance in professional policing from law enforcement agencies both domestically and internationally.
As the most prestigious law enforcement award of the IACP, the Police Officer of the Year Award recognizes outstanding and heroic achievement among police officers across the globe and highlights the sacrifices made daily by law enforcement’s finest.
The application process is now CLOSED. The deadline for submissions was: Friday, July 17, 2015.
Four finalists will be chosen and each will receive:
- All-expense paid trip to IACP 2015 in Chicago, Illinois, for nominee and one guest.
- Recognition at IACP's Foundation Gala, where one finalist will be named the Police Officer of the Year.
- Recognition at the First General Assembly
- Featured article in Police Chief Magazine.
- All sworn, full-time police officers below the rank of chief are eligible.
- Nominations may be made for exceptional achievement in any police endeavor, including but not limited to, extraordinary valor, crime prevention, investigative work, community relations, traffic safety, drug control and prevention, juvenile programs, and training efforts.
- Unfortunately, posthumous nominations are not eligible.
- One nomination per department.
- Time frame for eligible events is July 18, 2014 through July 15, 2015.
Applications are accepted from across the globe and all nominations will be considered equally by an independent team of judges.
Click here for the 2015 Application.
For questions, please contact Diana Wisler Beckmann at email@example.com.