The iacp/target police officer of the year award is now accepting nominations
NOMINATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, JULY 14, 2017
||Chief Peter Green, Park Forest, Illinois,
Police Department (l) and
Chief William Jones, Country Club Hills, Illinois,
Police Department (r)
accept a 2016 Police Officer of the Year Finalist
plaque on behalf of Officer Timothy Jones, Park
Forest, Illinois, Police Department officer
who was honored for his heroic
actions after being injured in the line-of-duty in March 2016.
This year, the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) is proud to again partner with Target to present the 2017 IACP/Target Police Officer of the Year Award. This prestigious award recognizes outstanding achievement in law enforcement and honors these heroes who work tirelessly every day to make communities around the world safer.
Four finalists will be chosen and each will receive:
· All-expense paid trip to IACP 2017 Annual Conference and Exposition in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, for finalist and one guest.
· Recognition at the 11th Annual IACP Foundation Gala, where one finalist will be named the 2017 IACP/Target Police Officer of the Year.
· Recognition of the 2017 IACP/Target Police Officer of the Year at the General Assembly during the IACP 2017 Annual Conference and Exposition.
· Featured article in Police Chief Magazine.
· All sworn, full-time police officers below the rank of chief are eligible.
· Nominations may be made for exceptional achievement in any police endeavor, including but not limited to, extraordinary valor, crime prevention, investigative work, community relations, traffic safety, drug control and prevention, juvenile programs, and training efforts.
· All nominations must be made by the head of agency/chief of police.
· Unfortunately, posthumous nominations are not eligible.
· One nomination per agency.
· Time frame for eligible events is July 14, 2016 through July 13, 2017.
Nominations are accepted from across the globe and all will be considered equally by an independent team of judges.
Please submit your nomination and supporting materials via our online nomination form only by midnight ET (U.S.) on Friday, July 14, 2017. In addition, the head of agency/chief of police MUST sign and complete the Head of Agency Approval Form before starting the online nomination since the form cannot be saved online.
Click Here for 2017 Online Nomination Form
Click Here for Head of Agency Approval Form
For questions, please contact Diana Wisler Beckmann at Beckmann@theIACP.org.
Learn more about past winners on our Police Officer of the Year Winners Page.
|Learn about our four outstanding finalists who were selected for the IACP/Target Police Officer of the Year Award: Officer Daniel Colwell, Chandler, Arizona, Police Department; Officer Timothy Jones, Park Forest, Illinois, Police Department; Captain Brian R. Nanavay, Indianapolis, Indiana, Metropolitan Police Department; Captain William Villanova, Prefecture de Police de Paris, Police Nationale, France.
||For his bravery during an attack in Paris, the IACP/Target Police Officer of the Year Award for 2016 was presented to Captain William Villanova of the
Prefecture de Police de Paris, Police Nationale, France, at the
10th Annual IACP Foundation Gala in San Diego on October 15, 2016.