40 Under 40
This award program is designed to recognize 40 law enforcement professionals under the age of 40 from around the world that demonstrate leadership and exemplify commitment to their profession.
2021 40 Under 40 Award Nominations
The IACP is currently accepting nominations for the 2021 40 Under 40 Awards. This award is a chance to recognize rising leaders under the age of 40 in the policing profession. Nominate your agency’s up-and-coming leaders today!
Nominations are open until March 15, 2021.
Submit a nomination in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese.
Please review the guidelines and submission instructions before submitting a nomination.
- Nominee must be between 18 and 39 years of age as of September 1, 2021.
- Nominee may be sworn or civilian and must be currently employed by a transnational, federal, state, local, or tribal law enforcement agency.
- Self-nominations are not permitted.
- If nominating multiple individuals, a separate form should be completed for each nomination.
Winners are selected based on the following criteria:
- Compliance with age and employment requirements.
- Demonstration of values and commitment to law enforcement.
- Capacity for leadership.
Learn about past winners:
Please contact Danielle Gudakunst with any questions or concerns.