Have your favorite Torch Run photos get international recognition!
Categories: Submit photographs taken in the past five years in one of the following two categories:
A) Law enforcement as the guardians of the flame - personnel carrying the torch, interacting with communities, raising funds and awareness of the events, etc.
B) Law enforcement in support of the Special Olympics athletes themselves – personnel in interaction with athlete(s)
- Winning photos will be displayed at the 112th Annual IACP Conference and at the 2006 International Torch Run Conference.
- The top photos will be posted on the IACP website, and will be printed in Police Chief and Spirit magazines.
- First place photos in each category will be enlarged to display size and awarded to the contributing programs.
The International Association of Chiefs of Police
- Entries must be received by September 8, 2006.
- A maximum of eight (8) photos per submission will be accepted.
- Photos previously submitted can be sent again for consideration, provided they were not selected as winners in either category.
- Each submitted photo should have the contact, program name, city and state on the back.
- Include a contact name, agency or torch run program, address, phone and description of photo with each submission.
- Photos will not be returned. Consider making a copy of the photo(s) submitted before sending.
- Photos should be of the highest possible resolution and clarity for reproduction as signs and for printing. Winners may be requested to provide original negatives and/or higher resolution photographs.
- Digital photos may not be submitted; Please submit a photo quality printing of digital photos for consideration in the contest.
- Entries will be reviewed by a panel from IACP, the Torch Run, and Special Olympics. The top three photos in each category will be selected.
- Send entries to:
Annual I.A.C.P. Torch Run Photo Contest
Attn: D. David Paulson
515 North Washington Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
For additional information please contact:
IACP Torch Run Committee Chair