Enter the 2004 Torch Run Photo Contest
Have your favorite Torch Run photos get international recognition!
Submit photographs taken in the past five years in one of the following two categories:
A) Law enforcement as the guardians of the flame - personnel carrying the torch, interacting with communities, raising funds and awareness of the events, etc.
B) Law enforcement in support of the Special Olympics athletes themselves – personnel in interaction with athlete(s)
Winning photos will be displayed at the 111th Annual IACP Conference and at the 2004 International Torch Run Conference. The top photos will be posted on the IACP website, and will be printed in Police Chief and Spirit magazines. First place photos in each category will be enlarged to display size and awarded to the contributing programs.
To see the 2003 winning entries, visit Torch Run Committee page of the IACP website. Visit www.theiacp.org and select ‘Divisions/Sections/Committees’ link from the left frame. Under ‘Committees’ select ‘Torch Run Committee’ and you’ll find the link to the winners there. Or enter the following link in your browser: http://www.theiacp.org/div_sec_com/committees/TorchRun/photowinners_2003.htm
- Entries must be received by September 24, 2004.
- A maximum of eight (8) photos per submission will be accepted.
- Photos previously submitted can be sent again for consideration, provided they were not selected as winners in either category.
- Each submitted photo should have the contact, program name, city and state on the back.
- Include a contact name, agency or torch run program, address, phone and description of photo with each submission.
- Photos will not be returned. Consider making a copy of the photo(s) submitted before sending.
- Photos should be of the highest possible resolution and clarity for reproduction as signs and for printing. Winners may be requested to provide original negatives and/or higher resolution photographs. Digital photos will not be accepted; they have proved difficult to manage. Consider printing the digital photos for consideration in the contest.
- Entries will be reviewed by a panel from IACP, the Torch Run and Special Olympics. The top three photos in each category will be selected.
- Send entries to:
IACP Torch Run Photo Contest
515 Washington St., Alexandria, VA 22314-2357
Attn: Elisa Cohen
For more information:
Lorne White, IACP Torch Run Committee Chair, at 416-230-6492, email@example.com or
Elisa Cohen, IACP Torch Run Committee liaison, at 800-THE-IACP, firstname.lastname@example.org