IACP 2011 Conference Tips
118th Annual International Association of Chiefs of Police Conference
and Law Enforcement Education and Technology Exposition
The IACP appreciates your support of the 2011 IACP Conference and we want to make sure you have a great conference so we’re offering some tips to help you maximize your time and experience at IACP 2011.
- Uniform Day: Be sure to bring your department’s dress uniform for a special commemoration of the profession on Monday, October 24 during the First General Assembly from 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM. Show your pride for your department and your community in this spectacular display of diversity and internationalism. NOTE: To maintain the conference security measures, please do not carry your firearm or other weapons. Conference badges must be worn with uniform to gain access past security checkpoints.
- Business Cards: Bring plenty of business cards for networking and the exhibit hall.
- Note Pad and Pen: Have your pad and pen conveniently located in your bag so you can jot notes.
- Registration Confirmation: You should have received a registration confirmation email, please bring this with you to registration located in Room W183ABC on Level 1 of McCormick Place West.
PLAN YOUR TIME
- IACP 2011 APP: Download the app at http://j.mp/iacp2011 today to plan your time at IACP 2011. The app includes:
- Shuttle bus schedules and routes
- Maps to help you navigate around the entire conference
- Conference schedule to keep you on track for your educational experience
- Interactive exhibitor list and map to help you plan which companies you’ll visit in the Exhibit Hall
- And, more
- Set Goals: Set strategic goals before you leave of what you want to accomplish while at IACP 2011:
- Which sessions do you need to attend vs. those you’d like to attend?
- What special events are you planning to attend and have you pre-registered?
- Who do you want to see or meet and have you contacted them about meeting up?
- Which vendors do you want to connect with?
- What products or services are you looking to purchase?
- What is your budget to purchase products and services?
- Meet New People: Introduce yourself to a certain number of new people each day to expand your scope of influence. Don’t be afraid to walk up and start a conversation.
- Explore Chicago: Check out the special site created for IACP 2011 attendees to plan their time in Chicago after the show is over. Chicago offers great nightlife, top-ranked restaurants, world-renowned theatrical performances and cultural activities, fun times at Navy Pier, and a whole city to explore. Visit www.choosechicago.com/IACP to plan today!
GET SOCIAL @ IACP 2011
TELL YOUR COLLEGUES AND FRIENDS
- Bring Your Whole Team: Plan to bring your whole team to ensure your whole team is up-to-date on the latest innovations, solutions and strategies. Empower your team with knowledge.
- Ask If Your Colleagues Are Coming: Contact all of your colleagues and friends before the show via email or any of the social media channels listed above to let them know you’re going to IACP 2011 in Chicago and that they should be there too!