Forensic Science Award Applications Due April 16
IACP August Vollmer Excellence in Forensic Science Award
IACP recognizes the significant impact forensic science has on the criminal justice system. The August Vollmer Excellence in Forensic Science Awards have been created by the IACP Forensics Committee to honor the proactive, innovative use of forensic technologies by law enforcement.
Did your forensic lab use a new technology or find an innovative way to use an existing technology to analyze the evidence that helped to solve your case or a law enforcement agency you’re affiliated with? Maybe your forensics lab has found a way to do more with less and is deserving of an award.
Nominations for selection of the 2010 awards are now being accepted in the following categories:
- Current or Past Contribution to Forensic Science by Police Agency
- Current or Past Contribution to Forensic Science by an Individual
- Current or Past Collaboration in Forensic Science
- Innovation in Forensic Technology
- Significant Investigative Value in a Major Crime
- Enhancement of Forensic Capability by a Forensic Science Provider
Submissions must be limited to 1000 words and are due April 16th, 2010. Forward all submissions through email as an attachment if at all possible to email@example.com, otherwise mail to the attention of Aviva Kurash, 515 N. Washington St., Alexandria, VA 22314.
Learn More »