(1) IACP designed the Law Enforcement Oath of Honor so that it could be adjusted as appropriate for nations, countries or governments. Suggested terms are provided. Insert the appropriate term at the designated "superscript" point; be sure to delete the superscript number.
(2) Size and change the fonts for the appropriate media where the Law Enforcement Oath of Honor is being presented.
(3) Always obtain an "approval proof" of the document or item before authorizing mass production.
Posters to hang in briefing rooms, offices and hallway
Encourage officers to sign a large poster of the oath and display this signed copy
Develop a conspicuously display for the law enforcement facility
Place posters in public access areas
Print on the reverse side of officers' business/commission cards
On back of name plaques of officers in various training sessions
Departmental items such as coffee mugs, key chains, patches, pins
Recite the Law Enforcement Oath of Honor
Swearing in Ceremonies
Beginning of Training Sessions
Law Enforcement Meetings
Law Enforcement Conferences
Oath of Honor Format
On my honor,
I will never betray my badge1
my integrity, my character,
or the public trust.
I will always have
the courage to hold myself
and others accountable for our actions.
I will always uphold the constitution2
my community3 and the agency I serve.
- Insert appropriate term such as: badge; profession; country
- Insert appropriate term such as: constitution, laws; monarch
- Insert appropriate term such as: community; country; land; nation