The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) is proud to again partner with Target to present the 2018 IACP/Target Police Officer of the Year Award. This prestigious award recognizes outstanding achievement in law enforcement and honors these heroes who work tirelessly every day to make communities around the world safer.
Applications are now being accepted for the IACP/Target Police Officer of the Year Award
Four finalists will be chosen and each will receive:
- All-expense paid trip to the IACP 2018 Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida, for finalist and one guest.
- Recognition at the IACP Foundation Gala, where one finalist will be named the 2018 IACP/Target Police Officer of the Year.
- Recognition of the 2018 IACP/Target Police Officer of the Year at the General Assembly during the IACP 2018 Annual Conference.
- Featured article in Police Chief Magazine.
- All sworn, full-time police officers below the rank of chief are eligible.
- Nominations may be made for exceptional achievement in any police endeavor, including but not limited to, extraordinary valor, crime prevention, investigative work, community relations, traffic safety, drug control and prevention, juvenile programs, and training efforts.
- All nominations must be made by the head of agency/chief of police.
- Unfortunately, posthumous nominations are not eligible.
- One nomination per agency.
- Time frame for eligible events is July 14, 2017 through June 21, 2018.
Nominations are accepted from across the globe and all will be considered equally by an independent team of judges.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about past winners on our Police Officer of the Year Winners Page.