Are you interested in supporting the world's law enforcement leaders? If so, the IACP's Student Internship Program hires a select number of undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in supporting IACP’s vision of Serving the Leaders of Today and Developing the Leaders of Tomorrow. Selected interns will support the IACP through advocacy, programs, research, and training, while simultaneously gaining professional work experience and first-hand involvement with products and services that support the law enforcement community.
Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in a ride-along with a local law enforcement agency; take an educational field trip to selected justice and law enforcement organizations (such as Alexandria Police Department, ATF, FBI, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Training Academy); interact with local police officers and federal law enforcement agents through IACP's Visiting Fellowship Program; and participate in professional development opportunities, conferences, and meetings as they arise.
Our mission to advance the law enforcement profession frequently requires tasks outside of the criminal justice realm; students with a background in social media, journalism, marketing, communications, web/graphic design, and fundraising are encouraged to apply.
| Spring 2017 January 23rd – April 14th
| Sunday, November 27th, 2016
| Summer 2017 May 22nd – August 11th
| Sunday, April 9th, 2017
| Fall 2017 August 28th – November 17th
| Sunday, July 16th, 2017
| Spring 2018 January 22nd – April 13th
| Sunday, November 26th, 2017
• Program terms are 12 weeks in length
• Paid internship at $14.00/hour
• Flexible work schedule up to 40 hours per week (based on programmatic needs and direct supervisor approval)
• Internship can be completed for academic credit
• Housing, transportation, reserved parking, and other related benefits are not provided
• IACP Headquarters is located at 44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 200, Alexandria, Virginia 22314
• A free shuttle bus services Canal Center Plaza and the Braddock Road Metro Station on the Blue/Yellow line
Qualifications & Eligibility:
• Currently enrolled baccalaureate or graduate level students, or recent graduates within the past six months
• Minimum 3.0 grade point average
• Strong writing and interpersonal skills
• Creative thinking and ability to communicate ideas and opinions
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to work independently and part of a team
• Flexibility and ability to multi-task
• Enrolled at an accredited university in the United States
• Possess F-1 visa showing Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is authorized
• Application must be submitted in English
How to Apply:
Submit the following five application documents by the deadline to be considered.
• Cover Letter (indicate the semester you are applying for)
• Academic Transcript (can be unofficial)
• Writing Sample
• Letter of Recommendation
By e-mail: email@example.com. Documents combined into a single PDF preferred.
By mail: Internship Coordinator
International Association of Chiefs of Police
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 200
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-843-4227 ext. 851