IMPACT's mission is to encourage and facilitate the coordinated exchange of ideas, procedures, and specific information for the professional leadership and management of education and training within police agencies. The ultimate goal of IMPACT is to enhance the quality of law enforcement and policing at the international level through education and training
Goals and Objectives
- To conduct conferences and professional activities on a regular basis, to encourage networking among the various groups.
- To provide for the exchange of information regarding training and to disseminate ideas, plans, and methodologies
- To serve the liaison role with international law enforcement agencies responsible for planning, developing, and implementing programs that relate directly or indirectly to training and education.
- To provide assistance to those international law enforcement agencies supporting the goals and objectives of IMPACT.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of information among the international law enforcement and policing agencies regarding law enforcement training and education programs, standards, technology, and research.
Section membership is open to all active and associate members of the IACP in good standing who are either law enforcement or police training directors or have a professional interest in law enforcement and police training and education.
US Department of Justice
International Criminal Investigative Training Assistance Program
1331 F Street, Suite 500, N.W.
Washington, DC 20004
(202) 616-7418 (phone)
(202) 305-3335 (fax)
(912) 223-9890 (phone)
Cynthia Collins Shain (Cindy)
Southern Police Institute University of Louisville
Strategic Workforce Director
1525 Wilson Blvd, Suite 900
Washington, DC 22209
The section meets at least once annually at the IACP Conference.
- Conference Committee
- Awards Committee
- Information Exchange Committee
- Election Committee
- Membership Committee
- Finance Committee
For more information, contact Paul Santiago, staff liaison.