2012 Award Winners
2011 Award Winners
2010 Award Winners
The IACP and Sprint are pleased to announce the annual Excellence in Law Enforcement Research Award to recognize law enforcement agencies that demonstrate excellence in initiating, collaborating on, and employing research to improve police operations and public safety. The goal of this award program is to promote the establishment of effective research, especially partnerships among law enforcement agencies and researchers.
All law enforcement agencies worldwide (private corporations or individuals excluded) can compete for the award by submitting a description of their research and its impact on the agency, community, and the profession of law enforcement. Judges will take agency size and capacity into consideration when selecting finalists. Awards will be given annually to agencies in three size categories: smaller, medium, and large. A representative from each winning agency will be provided with complimentary conference registration, transportation costs and three nights lodging at IACP’s Annual Conference, where an event to recognize the winning agencies will be held.
To enter, law enforcement agencies must submit an application, which must be postmarked no later than July 29, 2013 to the IACP.
Download the nomination criteria
Award criteria focus on:
- Leadership – demonstration that research efforts are an organizational priority, endorsed and promoted by the agency leadership
- Partnerships – explanation of the nature of the agency relationship with internal and external partners (such as educational institutions, governmental and non-governmental research agencies, community organizations, volunteers, and the court system)
- Uniqueness of Research – demonstration that the agency has addressed a research problem of pressing importance involving a unique approach that yields actionable recommendations
- Quality of Research - evidence that the research employs rigorous methods of inquiry designed to provide practical solutions
- Influence of Research Findings – description of the impact of the research findings on agency activities, the community, and/or the profession of law enforcement
Excellence in Law Enforcement Research Award Program
Research Advisory Committee
For more information please contact Jenny Gargano at email@example.com or call 1-800-THE-IACP (1-800-843-4227) ext. 392.