The IACP Chief David Cameron Leadership in Environmental Crimes Award recognizes excellence in environmental crimes enforcement and education by law enforcement officers and their agencies.
The award honors David Cameron, Chief of Police in Jackson, Wyoming, from 1992 until his untimely death in April 2001. Through his professionalism, dedication, and personality, Dave Cameron positively affected law enforcement worldwide while serving as chairman of the IACP Environmental Crimes Committee from 1992 to 2001 and member of the IACP Executive Committee from 1992 to 2001.
Law enforcement officers and their agencies. The award will be presented to full-service law enforcement agencies that work to enforce environmental crimes, educate the public, and safeguard law enforcement. Programs or initiatives must have been started no later than one year prior to submission for consideration.
Nominees will be evaluated based on the following elements:
- The significance of the contribution to the advancement of environmental crime enforcement, public education, and safeguarding the public and law enforcement personnel
- Issues and problems identified, and the methodology used for problem resolution
- Initiative and innovation
- Permanency of the program
- Development of quality assurance and performance metrics
- Level, type, and quality of education and communications established
- Executive leadership demonstrated
- Resolution of problems identified
To apply please click here.
2014: New York State Environmental Conservation. Click here to read the nomination in PDF. Click hereto see a photo of the award presentation
2013: Santa Rosa California Police Department. Click here to read the nomination in PDF. Click here to see a photo of the award presentation
2012: City of Houston Texas Click here to read the nomination in PDF. Click here to see a photo of the award presentation
2011: Wildlife Crime Control Bureau, Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India Click here to read the nomination form in PDF.
For further information, contact email@example.com