Making Dollars & Sense is a practical course designed for police professionals who are given the task of seeking and managing programs funded through grants. Class participants will complete the steps required to successfully apply for a grant and develop strategies for implementing & sustaining a program. As a “how to” guide, the course will use actual solicitations from Federal funding sources as class examples. This method provides attendees the opportunity to work with actual situations which will be encountered as they apply their new skills in their agencies. This presentation is geared to police agencies that seek grant funding in a highly competitive environment.
At the conclusion of the course, participants should be able to do the following:
- Build a strategic plan
- Find and compete for competitive grant funds
- Write winning applications
- Understand the peer review process
- Design an effective & fundable grant budget
- Execute the essential elements of effective grant management
- Measure performance and sustain your program
To register for a Grants 101 course or to obtain more information on hosting the program, please contact the IACP's Center for Police Leadership and Training, Project Coordinator Laura Renenger at 703-647-7274 or email email@example.com.