Grants 101: Making Dollars and Sense is a practical course designed for police professionals who are given the task of seeking and managing programs funded through grants. Class participants will complete the steps required to successfully apply for a grant and develop strategies for implementing & sustaining a program. As a “how to” guide, the course will use actual solicitations from Federal funding sources as class examples. This method provides attendees the opportunity to work with actual situations which will be encountered as they apply their new skills in their agencies. This presentation is geared toward police agencies that seek grant funding in a highly competitive environment.
At the conclusion of the course, participants should be able to do the following:
- Build a strategic plan.
- Find and compete for competitive grant funds.
- Write winning applications.
- Understand the peer review process.
- Design an effective & fund-able grant budget.
- Execute the essential elements of effective grant management.
- Measure performance and sustain your program.
To register for a Grants 101 course or to obtain more information about hosting the program, please contact the IACP's Training and Professional Services Division at Training@theiacp.org.