DRE Section’s Training Conference on Drugs, Alcohol, and Impaired Driving
Planning is well underway for the 20th Annual Training Conference on Drugs, Alcohol and Impaired Driving, co-hosted by the Arizona Governor’s Office of Highway Safety in Phoenix, July 28-30, 2014. Join DUI enforcement officers and trainers, drug recognition experts, prosecutors, toxicologists, medical and school professionals, and highway safety advocates for this exceptional educational experience.
Since 1995, this annual training conference has kept DREs and other health and safety professionals up-to-date on drug trends, legal issues, and innovative technology. In addition to general sessions featuring the latest research and initiatives, daily workshops will address a variety of topics relevant to law enforcement, toxicology, prosecutors, and other traffic safety advocates.
In addition to general sessions featuring the latest research and initiatives, daily workshops will address a variety of topics relevant to law enforcement, toxicology, prosecutors, and other traffic safety advocates.
Topics will address
• Bath Salts Compounds
• Use of Technology in the Courtroom
• Prosecuting the Marijuana Impaired Driver
• Advanced Alcohol Concepts
• Principles of Pharmacology and Drug Effects-CNS Depressants, Stimulants, Hallucinogens, Cannabinoids, Opiates
• Why the Eyes Show Signs of Drug Usage
• Cocaine: Effects on Human Performance and Behavior
• Using Oral Fluid in DUID Enforcement Cases
• Use of the DRE in Vehicular Crimes Investigation
Conference Registration online is available here:
http://www.theiacp.org/dreconferenceregistration. Join the IACP DRE Section today and get the discounted rate of $175. The DRE Section will sponsor a Welcome Reception the evening of July 28. Delegate registrations automatically include admittance to this event and guest tickets are available for only $50. The conference will be held at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix. Rooms at the hotel are no longer available at the group rate.
Exhibits and Corporate Sponsorships:
Several sponsorship levels are available as well the opportunity to exhibit for all three days of the conference. Contact Carolyn Cockroft at email@example.com for more information.
Exhibit Hall Hours:
- Sunday, July 27: 9 am- 5:00 pm (Exhibitor Registration and Set-up)
- Monday, July 28: 7 am- 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 29: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, July 30: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Conference Registration »
Exhibit/Sponsor Sales »