Jurisdictions throughout the nation and around the world are continuing research on current operations, emerging best practices, performance metrics, and business benefit realization.
Recent research reports:
- RAND, License Plate Readers for Law Enforcement (2014)
- Roberts & Casanova, IACP ALPR Policy and Operational Guidance for Law Enforcement, (2012)
- Bart Custers, License Plate Readers in the Netherlands, (2012)
- Lum, Merola, Willis, and Cave: License Plate Recognition Technology (LPR): Impact Evaluation and Community Assessment (2010)
- Cohen, Plecas, and McCormick: A Report on the Utility of the Automated License Plate Recognition System in British Columbia (2007)
- Watson and Walsh: The Road Safety Implications of Automatic Number Plate Recognition Technology (ANPR) (2008)